Zurich’s move to support COVID-19 vaccinations
Zurich is giving COVID-19 vaccination protection for life insurance customers at no extra cost
Zurich is giving COVID-19 vaccination protection at no extra cost to everyone insured under an eligible life insurance policy. An additional amount will be paid to customers who can claim under their insurance because of suffering a serious side effect from an approved COVID-19 vaccination.
Zurich will make payments in the following three circumstances up to a combined total of $50,000:
- For those covered in the event of death, a one-off payment of up to $50,000 will be paid in the event of death due to complications arising from the vaccine.
- For those covered for total & permanent disability (TPD), a one-off payment of up to $50,000 will be paid in the event of TPD due to complications arising from the vaccine.
- For those covered under Disability Income, payments will be made during any waiting period up to a total of $50,000 in the event of total disability or partial disability
Zurich COVID-19 vaccination protection only applies where you have cover for death, TPD or Disability Income. It does not apply to other lump sum cover (such as trauma or living insurance), travel insurance or interim cover in force while Zurich are assessing an application.
To qualify for cover, you need to receive, or have received a vaccination against COVID-19 that is:
- Approved by the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration, and
- Under an Australian government vaccination program, and
- Administered between 1 September 2021 and 31 December 2021
The payment is an extra payment in the event of a claim. It is separate to the benefits under an existing insurance policy and does not affect the policy.
More details can be found on Zurich’s website.
*Any information provided on this page should be considered a summary and general advice only. All information should be verified via the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (PDS).